This recipe was taken from: http://www.food.com/recipe/bread-machine-naan-98512
- 2/3 cup warm skim milk
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In the mixing bowl of your bread machine, combine warm milk (about 80F) with yeast, butter and half of the sugar- set aside for 5 minutes.
- On a piece of waxed paper sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add to bread machine bowl.
- Add olive oil, second half of sugar, yogurt and egg.
- Set the bread machine to the dough setting and let it run through the cycle.
- When the bread machine has almost finished the dough cycle, pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees F.
- If you have a baking stone, place it in the top rack of the oven to preheat as well.
- Take dough out and separate it into six equal sections.
- Using a rolling pin or your hands, flatten dough out to ovals about 1/3 inch thick.
- When oven has pre-heated, place rounds on pre-heated stone or heavy baking sheet.
- Bake on top shelf of the oven for 90 seconds; the naan should start to puff.
- Switch the oven from bake to broil for an additional minute or until the top starts to brown.
- When brown on top, remove from oven and cover with a towel while you finish baking the remaining loaves.
- You can brush the naan with butter before serving if desired.