From Elizabeth Smith
– This soup can be cooked in a crock pot, or on top of the stove.
- 2 or 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can niblet corn – or equal amount frozen
- 1 can black beans drained and well rinsed (14 oz./398 ml.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz./796 ml.) – treat 1/2 of the volume in blender
- 1 1/2 litres chicken broth
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1-2 tsp.cumin (personal preference)
- taco seasoning (amount depends on personal taste) Start with 2 tsp.
- salt to taste
- chopped onions
- Crock pot instructions: Place in pot, simmer on high for 3-4 hrs. or 3-4 hrs. on high.
- Stove top method: Sear the chicken breasts in a frying pan, then cut the meat into cubes. Put all the ingredients in a soup pot, and simmer for a couple of hours.