From Five Star Food, a compilation of Vancouver Sun recipes, 2001
1 lb lean ground beef
2 onions, chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 can tomato paste
1 (28oz) can tomatoes
1 c water
2 t dried oregano
1 t dried basil
1/2 t dried thyme
1/4 t pepper
1 lb spaghetti noodles
2 T freshly ground parmesan
- In heavy skillet, brown beef, pour off fat.
- Stir in onions, cook, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Stir in tomato paste, and tomatoes, breaking up tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- Add spices; bring mixture to the boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add water if mixture is too thick.
- Check for seasoning; adjust if necessary
- In the meantime, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water until tender but firm.
- Drain spaghetti, arrange on plate, spoon on sauce.
- Garnish with parmesan.