Recipe is from MostlyNoodles
- 1 T chili powder
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t cumin
- 1/4 t cayenne
- 1 t sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 T cornstarch
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3 medium bell peppers (mixed colours)
- 1 block tempeh or 1 can of blacked beans
- 2 T vegetable oil
- juice from 1 lime
- corn or whole wheat tortillas
- olive or avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the fajita seasoning in a small bowl and set aside (chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, sugar, salt, and corn starch).
- Cut the onion and bell peppers into ¼ to ½ inch wide strips. Place them in a large 9×13 inch casserole dish. If using tempeh or black beans, add them as well.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the vegetables. Drizzle the vegetable oil over everything and then toss the ingredients.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes, stirring once half way through. Be careful not to let the vegetables get over cooked.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil, and when vegetables are almost done, put the tortillas in the oven to warm.
- Just prior serving, squeeze the lime juice over the vegetables.
- Scoop a small amount of vegetables into the center of each tortilla. Top with a few sprigs of cilantro, and your choice of sour cream, salsa, guacamole, chopped lettuce, hot sauce.