Recipe from Gerry and Merry Carol
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large potato
- 1 large parsnip
- 1 large turnip or small swede
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4c water or milk
- 2 T fresh dill
- 1 T lemon juice
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan.
- Fry lightly, then cover and sweat the vegetables on a low heat for 15 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Pour in enough water (no more than 6 c) to cover vegetables. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add a piece of grated ginger to the vegetables and puree in a food processor or blender. If you want it thinner, add more water or milk (as much as 1¼ c). Add dill and lemon juice. Check flavour and adjust with salt & pepper, ginger and lemon juice.