- 6 – 8 c. water (could also add a couple 3 or 4 chicken bouillon cubes)
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 lg. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. basil
- 6 chicken legs. Simmer the chicken for an hour until tender, then remove from the broth.
- 500 ml. sour cream
- 500 ml. whipping cream
- 500 ml. half and half
- 5 guajillo chiles* (available at Sereno Shop on the Drive)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine broth ingredients and simmer until vegetables are soft, and then add chicken legs. Simmer chicken for an hour until tender, then remove from the broth.
- In a large sauce plan, combine sauce ingredients, blend, and simmer until bubbly. Add the cooked chicken legs to the cause, and simmer for one more hour. Remove the chilies from the sauce (unless you’d prefer to leave them in!)
- Serve over basmati rice.